Pure & Simple French Clay Purifying Mask:
This is a certified organic mask that leaves my skin feeling cleansed and fresh. This mask is recommended for those with oily or problem skin. I also use it as a spot treatment for blemishes. I apply a small dab overnight and it significantly reduces redness. This detoxifying mask is 100% vegan and nut free.
Pure and Simple products do not contain the following:
- Petrolatum AND Petrochemicals
- Chemical Sunscreens
- Synthetic colours, Fragrances, & Polymers
Curiosity killed the cat. I went to go see 50 Shades knowing I would be disappointed. Once the casting was finalized the gossiping began amongst my friends. The thing is, even though we went into the theatre knowing we’d be let down, we went anyway. I’m sure many people who went to see the film felt the same way. It didn’t matter if they casted A list, B list, or unknown actors. Curiosity would lead every person who’s read or even heard of the book to the theatre.
Strategically opening on Valentine’s Day, the movie pulled in over $81.7 million at the box office over the weekend. Well played. The movie began awkward and simply put, pretty cheesy. I thought Dakota Johnson was okay, however Jamie Dornan was not the right man for the role. I didn’t believe or buy him as Christian Grey. My friends and I compiled a list of others who would’ve fit the role better, physically. These actors include Charlie Hunnam, Christian Bale, Matt Bomer or Chris Hemsworth. Christian is supposed to be this tall, dark, handsome and mysterious type. I found Jamie Dornan to be small, and I was hoping they would make him look taller in the film, however it seemed Dakota would tower over him in heels. He also found a way to make the role seem even creepier. His eyes seemed like they belonged in a Twilight movie rather than 50 Shades.
The chemistry between them was absent. All in all passion was lacking from the movie.
I’ve yet to talk to anyone who was happy with the movie. What are your thoughts? Who would you have casted as Christian Grey?
Photo Credit: Hayley Blank
Ellie is now 10 months, she has been doing so well at her training and we couldn’t be more proud. Tonight was a very cold evening and none of her classmates showed up, so she got spoiled by her trainer. Her trainer always has special treats for her like ham, swiss cheese and other raw meats.
Ellie loves going for truck rides. She is a baby and makes my boyfriend lift her in like a princess even though we all know she’s capable of making the hop.
Ellie makes us laugh every day. She snores, yawns and groans when she’s stretching out, which we find hilarious. I love to watch her while she’s dreaming about chasing something because she starts moving her legs while she’s laying down. I can tell she’s on a mission and wonder what she’s chasing.
My boyfriend and I talked about how getting her has started our little family and we couldn’t be happier. ❤
Thank you so much to The Beauty Lane for nominating me for the Inspirational Blogger Award! This was a lovely surprise to see when I logged on today. The Beauty Lane was recently featured in my edition of must read blogs. For beauty and wellness advice stop by her blog!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- List the rules and display the award
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate other amazing blogs and comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them
1. As your typical Canadian I grew up playing hockey. I quit figure skating at age 8 and traded in my costumes for hockey equipment. My mother was terrified and my father couldn’t have been more excited. I played until the end of high school and then began coaching skating in University.
2. I ran my first 10km race in November of this past year. It was something I’ve wanted to accomplish for a long time and I couldn’t be happier to have reached my goal. Next up- 15km.
3. I volunteer at a camp for kids with cancer every summer for a week. These kids inspire me more than anything else in the world. Their bravery, courage and positivity in the darkest of hours astonishes me. If you are interested in becoming involved please visit Camp Quality’s Website. There are camps in Canada, USA and Australia.
4. I find love captivating. That’s probably why I write about it so often. There’s just something magical about it.
5. My boyfriend lived across the hall from me in my 3rd year of University, we’ve been together ever since. I was drawn to him like a magnet from the moment I met him. He means the absolute world to me and I couldn’t be luckier to have him in my life.
6. I love home decor and spend too much time on wayfair.com. The shipping to Canada is ridiculous so I rarely order but my cart is always full.
7. I love getting mail (except bills) and I’ve kept almost every card ever given to me since my childhood. The ones that are particularly special to me are from those who are no longer with us. It makes me smile to see their writing and when I read their words I can hear their voice in my head.
The Chicago Files
A New Perspective Perhaps
The Darkroom Nerd
The Vintage Vines
There must be some English in me because I am a tea lover. I do not drink coffee under any circumstance and have always reached for tea as my morning booster. I’ve tried many kinds of tea and lemon & honey takes the trophy as my favourite.
Lemon tea offers many benefits to your overall health. It is recommended to drink this tea warm rather than hot to avoid shocking your system. Whether you choose to buy the herbal tea bags or use a slice of lemon you will be reaping the advantages. If you find you need a bit more flavour add some honey to your mug.
I’ve been starting each day with a warm lemon tea and have noticed significant improvements in my digestive health. I drink my tea prior to eating breakfast each morning.
Drinking this tea promotes optimal digestion and aids in relieving the body of toxins and waste. With this being said lemon tea can also help if you’re trying to lose weight. Lemon tea is also recommended for people who are on a cleanse or detox as it helps to break down fats in the digestive tract.
Lemon tea is also good for your psychological health. It helps to decrease fatigue and lifts your mood.
Take a little tea time for yourself and enjoy!
Your pet is a part of the family! When it comes to your wedding you may want to involve your dog or cat in someway. You can involve your pet in engagement photos, save the dates, wedding photos, or even the ceremony.
A few things to consider if you would like your pet to be in the ceremony are:
- Can my dog behave around large crowds of people?
- Will my dog sit quietly during the ceremony?
- Does the venue allow animals?
- Is there someone you can trust to look after your pet before, during and after the ceremony?
Here are a few ways to include your best buddy in your special day.
1. Bring them for the photo shoot! It only seems right to include them in your new family photos.
2. Have them be the ring bearer. This would take a well trained dog who is good in new environments and around tons of people.
3. Incorporate them into your save the date. I think this idea is so cute and there are so many different ways your pet can be involved! This is nice for those who can’t have their pet there on their actual wedding day. Have them hold the date around their neck or simply have them in the picture with you and your fiance!
4. Have them as “best dog.” Once again, your dog would need to be well trained and able to sit still and quietly during the ceremony. For most dogs this type of situation would be too exciting for them to contain themselves!
5. Have them there while you get ready.
6. Allow them to walk the aisle before you to announce your arrival.
Catch up with the following blogs – Karamma
What do I enjoy more than writing blogs? Reading other bloggers posts from all around the world!
Here are my top 5 favourite WordPress blogs that you should be following:
1. The Beauty Lane
This blog features healthy recipes, DIY skincare, product reviews and beauty advice. The author is knowledgable in nutrition and wellness. Her smoothie recipes are wonderful, I’ve already tried two this week! I highly suggest checking out her blog!
2. A New Perspective Perhaps
This blog features advice, guidance and simple experiences. It is incredibly honest and real. It focuses on her family, positive thinking, parenting and love. For a great read and all around feel good blog follow this wonderful woman’s journey.
3. The Chicago Files
How thankful am I for Cher’s blog about Chicago. This fellow Canuck captures her life in Chicago through beautiful photos, funny stories and captures the history of The Windy City. Although it makes me miss the city more, I love reading her updates and adventures.
4. Saving Sammie
This blog is focused on a beautiful German Shepherd named Sammie. Of course since they are German Shepherd owners I resonate with them and love to see what their sweet girl is up to. Most importantly, Sammie was adopted from an animal shelter which I am a huge supporter of. Saving Sammie reminds us all of how important it is to consider a rescue when choosing a dog for your family. Follow this blog for adorable photos and funny stories!
Feel free to comment or post some of your favourite blogs! I’d love to check them out.
Thank you! 🙂