1) Think before you speak
2) Don’t hold grudges
3) We’re all human, we all make mistakes
4) Accept that you’re perfectly imperfect
5) Don’t judge someone before you know them
6) Be considerate of all beliefs
7) Love fully
8) Never go to bed angry
9) Count your lucky stars
10) Be grateful for what you have instead of focusing on what you don’t
It’s Wednesday and you’re nearing the weekend! Often times we are too hard on ourselves, we need to lighten up. Life’s too short, be happy with where you are and what you’ve accomplished rather than focusing your energy on what’s gone wrong, or what hasn’t gone as planned. Here’s a secret, life never goes as planned.
Here are some lovely quotes to make you smile on this picturesque sunny day!
1. My loving boyfriend who goes above and beyond to make me happy every single day.
2. My baby Ellie, who has taught me that a dog is truly a girl’s best friend.
3. My family who supports me in everything I do.
4. Thoughtful friends who make me feel special not only on my birthday, but everyday.
5. Good surprises, because most surprises in life are not filled with joy and happiness.
6. Warm weather.
7. Kids who say hilarious things.
8. Spring flowers.
9. Lemon water.
10. Wine Wednesdays.
11. Date nights.
12. New socks.
13. Country music on sunny days.
14. Days on my Dad’s boat.
15. Days at the beach.
16. Vacations to hot places.
17. Living in Canada.
18. Dancing in the kitchen while I’m cooking or baking.
19. Singing in the car.
20. Laughing until it hurts.
21. Seeing the beauty in the little things.
22. Handwritten notes.
23. Re-reading a good book.
24. Hearing a song that reminds me of something wonderful.
25. Feeling the kindness of strangers.
Like many others I’ve fought insomnia too many times to count. Whether it’s stress or anxiety keeping me awake at night, sometimes it seems as though I can’t tun my brain off. I’m thinking about the next day, my plans for the week, what needs done around the house, what needs completed at work, what to buy my Dad for his birthday, and so on and so forth! This is a common occurrence in my immediate family. So, I began to research remedies and tips on how to get a great night’s rest! Here’s what has worked for me:
1. Don’t eat late at night, preferably not after 7:00pm if you can help it. If you indulge in a late night snack this may keep you awake as your body is working to digest.
2. Try to avoid drinking large amounts of liquid before bed. I found that throwing back water until I went to bed resulted in having to get up to use the washroom multiple times in a night which interrupted my sleep.
3. Keep your room cool or use a fan. If you’re too hot you will toss and turn and be unable to get comfortable.
4. Maintain a quiet and dark space. The darker your room, the better you’ll sleep. If you get up during the night to use the washroom, avoid flicking on the bright light. Not only will this light blind you, it can make it more difficult for your body to adjust to go back to sleep.
5. If you’re having trouble relaxing try light stretching before, or even in your bed. Practice deep breathing and muscle relaxation. If you find yourself struggling to slow your thoughts down, try reading a book to distract your mind from your stressors.
Catch up with the following blogs – Karamma
What do I enjoy more than writing blogs? Reading other bloggers posts from all around the world!
Here are my top 5 favourite WordPress blogs that you should be following:
1. The Beauty Lane
This blog features healthy recipes, DIY skincare, product reviews and beauty advice. The author is knowledgable in nutrition and wellness. Her smoothie recipes are wonderful, I’ve already tried two this week! I highly suggest checking out her blog!
2. A New Perspective Perhaps
This blog features advice, guidance and simple experiences. It is incredibly honest and real. It focuses on her family, positive thinking, parenting and love. For a great read and all around feel good blog follow this wonderful woman’s journey.
3. The Chicago Files
How thankful am I for Cher’s blog about Chicago. This fellow Canuck captures her life in Chicago through beautiful photos, funny stories and captures the history of The Windy City. Although it makes me miss the city more, I love reading her updates and adventures.
4. Saving Sammie
This blog is focused on a beautiful German Shepherd named Sammie. Of course since they are German Shepherd owners I resonate with them and love to see what their sweet girl is up to. Most importantly, Sammie was adopted from an animal shelter which I am a huge supporter of. Saving Sammie reminds us all of how important it is to consider a rescue when choosing a dog for your family. Follow this blog for adorable photos and funny stories!
Feel free to comment or post some of your favourite blogs! I’d love to check them out.
Thank you! 🙂
“Love fears only one thing: Time.” – Anonymous
I think one of the biggest indications of love is time. They are perfectly intertwined. When I think about it, the people that love me most in my life are people that would make time for me no matter what. Whether it’s 4am in the morning or they’re occupied with something else, they’re there for me no matter what.
If you really think about it there are a select few individuals in your life that would drop everything for you. Time is love. You have to spend the time, you have to be there, as a friend, as a parent, as a relative, and as a spouse. Whether it’s convenient for you or not. This is not an easy feat, but it’s an important one.
Now this doesn’t necessarily mean you have to be there in the flesh. For some of us that isn’t possible, but invest the time in supporting the person, whether that’s on the phone, through email or text. Ask how they’re doing, especially when someone is going through a hard time. Remember that the smallest things in life can mean the most to those in your life.
You can’t touch time, you can’t buy time, but it’s the most valuable thing in the world. Spend yours wisely.
I often wonder why people keep toxic relationships in their life. Whether it’s a relative, friend, or their boss. Constant negative energy is poison and it’s bound to rub off on you when you’re constantly surrounded by it. You should not feel obligated to keep a negative person in your life no matter what your relationship is to them. If someone makes you more sad or upset then they do happy, this is not a healthy relationship. If they bring you down, out they go.
I’ve learned to keep my atmosphere and environment positive. I spend time with people who are outgoing, happy, and make the best of everything. When I’m with people who are smiley and genuinely love life, I find myself happier in their presence. Their energy and zest is contagious.
Make a healthy decision for yourself. Out with the bad apples, make room for all of the good people in your life.