It’s better to give than to receive. Although we should give all year round, here are a few ways you can give back to your local community during the holiday season.
1. Help grant William Thomas’s Christmas Wish by sending him a letter or card. William is autistic and communicates mostly through writing and sign language. Due to William’s condition he is often left out and not invited to birthday parties or have guests come to his own. When his mother asked what he wanted for Christmas he said mail! If you visit the link below you can see how happy he is to be reading cards, letters, and post cards from all over the world.
To read about William’s story visit : http://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/williams-got-mail or send him a letter to the following address:
816 Peace Portal Dr.
2. Donate old clothes
3. Volunteer for a local non-profit in your community
4. Partake in a food/toy drive
5. Do a random act of kindness (pay for the person behind you in the drive thru)
6. Shovel/snow blow your neighbour’s driveway