You just had a long day, your computer froze, you dealt with angry people on the phone, you crawled through traffic to and from work, and you’re finally home. Home, where you should be able to kick back and relax. That would be so much easier if there wasn’t dinner to prepare, laundry to do, kids to entertain, and cleaning to be done. So when you finally catch a moment for yourself, here are five suggestions on how to unwind and relax.
1. Put on your comfy clothes. Most of us are not fortunate enough to get to wear yoga pants and a cozy sweater to work. So when you get home, before you begin to tackle the to do list, put on a pair of tights and a hoodie.
2. Make yourself a tea (herbal at night). We have a loose leaf tea, called “stress reliever tea” made by Steeped Tea (as seen on Dragon’s Den). It’s a nice hot drink to help you relax before you go to sleep.
3. Do yoga or meditate. Some of us do not have time to make it to the gym, or a yoga studio. So clear some space in your family room, turn the television off, and unroll your mat. There’s great yoga playlists on 8tracks.com if you enjoy practicing with music.
4. Have a bath. One of the selling points of this house was the deep soaker tub in the master bathroom. Hot bubble baths are really like free therapy. Light some candles, play relaxing music, and you’ve got a home spa!
5. Read a book, forget about the stresses of your day and get lost in a good story.