Now that spring has finally sprung, it’s time to break out the patio furniture, master some summer cocktails, and have a bbq party. It’s our first summer in our new house and the man and I can’t wait to eat on the patio every night. So in celebration of the long awaited spring, here are 10 things to do outside with you boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, friend, dog, etc.
1. Read outside on the lawn or patio. When you have a day off, unwind with a good read and soak up the sun.
2. Make fruit salad and sangria & head outside to enjoy your fresh creations.
3. If you don’t have a patio, go to a nearby pub or restaurant that does. Relax with a friend, or spouse and have drinks & appetizers.
4. Go for a run, walk, or hike, get your exercise in while working on your vitamin D intake.
5. Go check out a local farmer’s market and stock up on fresh fruits, veggies, and my personal favourite, maple syrup.
6. Take your dog out to a nearby beach or lake and play fetch.
7. Set up a hammock and write, read, or even better, nap.
8. Camp outside in a tent, have a fire in the backyard and make s’mores & spider dogs.
9. Throw a football around, play catch, go play mini putt, go to a driving range, or throw a frisbee around.
10. Plan an outdoor picnic, complete with champagne, fruit, and cheese. Of course this is an ideal date night for me. 😉
So get out there, have an adventure, and enjoy the warm weather while it lasts!