Today I’m recovering from my last St. Patty’s in University. My roomie and I have been curled up most of the day, watching TLC, and groaning about alcohol. This got me thinking about movies, and ones I’ve watched over and over again. So here are my top 5 flicks of all time.
1. The Notebook: This love story is a classic. It’s romantic, vintage, and heart wrenching. It’s timeless, and shows boundless, and endless love.
2. Peter Pan: The story, the music, the characters, this movie has been a favourite of mine since childhood. That pesky alligator and Hook guarantee a laugh.
3. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation: Quoted too regularly to be a Christmas movie. Chevy Chase is brilliant and hilarious as Clark Griswold.
4. Sixteen Candles: Everything high school and awkward. Including birthdays, a wedding, crushes, and parties.
5. Bridesmaids: I saw this three times in theatres. I could fully quote this flick from start to finish. Megan McCarthy is hysterical in this movie, and if you’ve been living under a rock and haven’t seen it, watch it now.